15 Feb 11
Ergodyne Introduces Glowear® 8940 Powercap™
St. Paul, Minn. (February 15, 2011) – Ergodyne announced today the official launch of the GloWear® 8940 PowerCap™. This revolutionary baseball-style cap uses four state-of-the art LEDs – two in the brim for longer distance lighting (up to 50 ft.) and two under the brim for close-up tasks – to provide safe, convenient and productive hands-free project and workspace illumination.
Many attempts have been made to provide workers with hands-free lighting solutions, but none combine the features of in-brim lighting and lights concealed under the brim for both distance and detail workspace illumination. This exclusive combo is powered by four replaceable CR2032 long-life lithium batteries (included with hat) that deliver more than 30 hours of continuous light.
“The 8940 PowerCap™ allows workers to easily illuminate workspaces without the need to hold a flashlight or don a bulky headlamp,” said Tom Votel, president and CEO of Ergodyne. “Combine this with a stylish, comfortable cap and you have the ultimate in productive safety-enhancing hands-free lighting.”
The GloWear® 8940 PowerCap™ comes in ANSI 107 Class Headwear orange, ANSI 107 Class Headwear lime, black, navy, or RealTree® Camo and is available at all authorized distributors March 21, 2011. Custom embroidering of company logos is also available. For more information, visit https://www.ergodyne.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-225-8238 // (651) 642-9889.
- Two ultra-bright LEDs in the brim; two additional LEDs concealed under brim.
- Choose two brim LEDs for illumination up to 50 ft., two under the brim lights for close-up tasks or all four for maximum visibility.
- LEDs emit white light, perfect for working on color-coded projects, and have a bulb life of approximately 100,000 hours.
- Four replaceable CR2032 long-life lithium batteries (included) for more than 30 hours of continuous light.
- ANSI 107 Class Headwear Orange, ANSI 107 Class Headwear Lime, Black, Navy or Realtree® Camo.
- ANSI 107 hats are ANSI-compliant 150D oxford polyester with Mesh venting panels.
The 8940 PowerCap™ is produced under license from Waters Industries and Panther Vision LLC.
Since 1983, Ergodyne has pioneered the development of products that Make The Workplace A Betterplace™. What started with just one product has grown into a line of top flight, battle-tested, Tenacious Work Gear®; all precision crafted to provide protection, promote prevention and manage the elements for workers on jobsites the world over. The current lineup is extensive and constantly growing: ProFlex® Hand Protection, ProFlex® Knee Pads, ProFlex® Supports, Skullerz® Head Protection, Skullerz® Eye Protection, Trex™ Footwear Accessories, Chill-Its® Cooling Products, N-Ferno® Warming Products, GloWear® Hi-Vis Apparel, Squids® Lanyards, Arsenal® Gear and Tool Storage and SHAX® Portable Work Shelters.