13 Nov 13
Ergodyne Announces New Retractable Tool Lanyards
St. Paul, Minn. (November 13, 2013) – Ergodyne has announced today the expansion of their Squids® Tool Lanyard Line to include the revolutionary Squids® Retractable Tool Lanyard Series. Offering a more secure and durable connection as well as a patented self-setting length option, these new lanyards offer unprecedented flexibility and a seamless, one-handed operation – ensuring the utmost in objects at heights safety.
The four new models include:
- 000 Retractable Tool Lanyard with Carabineer Attachment
- 3001 Retractable Tool Lanyard with Loop Attachment
- 3025 Retractable Accessory Pack for the Carabineer Set
- 3026 Retractable Accessory Pack for the Loop Set
“These new lanyards allow workers to maintain three points of contact,” said Nate Bohmbach, Ergodyne product manager and DROPS member. “This is safety at heights 101 and our new retractable tool lanyards aim to support best practice at all times with the convenience of a one-handed operation.”
Preventing dropped objects is priority number one; however the new retractable lanyards also deliver on increased productivity. Eliminating frustrating tangles caused by full length lanyards, models 3000 and 3001 feature a 360 degree swiveling top and a quick connecting buckle making operation fast and easy. The Technora cord used is the ultimate in strength and durability and keeps the tools from plummeting when a drop occurs. A short life expectancy for a tool lanyard can mean the difference between life and death – so all SQUIDS® retractable lanyards are protected with the ABS thermoplastic housing for long-term use.
“Ergodyne is committed to achieving a DROPS FREE ZONE™ at every at heights jobsite,” said Tom Votel, president and CEO of Ergodyne. “The launch of our Squids® Retractable Tool Lanyards provides yet another secure, flexible, durable option for workers who call the stratosphere their workzone.”
Ideal for anyone working at heights, the Squids® Tool Lanyards and Accessories will be available late November 2013 at all authorized Ergodyne Distributors. For more information on Ergodyne and Tenacious Work Gear®, visit https://www.ergodyne.com, email email@example.com or call 800-225-8238 // (651) 642-9889.
- Self-setting pawls set desired lanyard length up to 48″ (122cm)
- ABS thermoplastic housing for ultimate durability
- Nickel-plated swiveling top ring for 360 degree rotation
- Stainless steel carabiners for corrosion resistance
- Technora cord for ultimate strength and durability
- Modular quick connecting buckle for exchanging multiple tools
- Maximum safe working capacity up to 2lbs. (0.90 kg)
- Patented design
- Applications: Tower climbers, Rig personal in Oil & Gas, Wind Energy, High Rise Construction
Since 1983, Ergodyne has pioneered the development of products that Make The Workplace A Betterplace™. What started with just one product has grown into a line of top flight, battle-tested, Tenacious Work Gear®; all precision crafted to manage the elements, improve productivity and provide protection for workers on jobsites the world over. The current lineup is extensive and constantly growing: ProFlex® Hand Protection, ProFlex® Knee Pads, ProFlex® Supports, Skullerz® Head Protection, Skullerz® Eye Protection, Trex™ Footwear Accessories, Chill-Its® Cooling Products, N-Ferno® Warming Products, GloWear® Hi-Vis Apparel, Squids® Lanyards, Arsenal® Equipment Storage Systems, and CORE Performance Work Wear® and SHAX® Portable Work Shelters.