20 Mar 14
Ergodyne Launches New Portable Work Shelters
St. Paul, Minn. (March 20, 2014) – Ergodyne has announced the expansion of their SHAX® Portable Work Shelters to include the new SHAX® 6010 Lightweight Tent and SHAX® Umbrella Series including models 6100, 6190, and 6191. Offering fast relief from the elements in a portable, easy to assemble system, these new SHAX® products protect workers in various outdoor workzones by providing fast UV and heat relief.
“According to OSHA, there were 4,200 reported cases of injury and 53 reported deaths caused by extreme heat in 2011,” said Adria Hardy, product manager, Ergodyne. “One important method to combat the damaging effects of heat stress is offering onsite shaded areas that serve as a refuge – our new SHAX® Tent and Umbrella do just that and are highly durable for any jobsite.”
The Umbrella Series includes the model 6100 Umbrella. Offering shelter for 1-2 workers, the new umbrella is built using 300D Polyester top and powder-coated steel that utilizes a tilt mechanism to provide full sun protection at any time of the day. Additionally, the 84″ umbrella has four different height options which can be easily and conveniently adjusted at any time. The 6100 also features a vented top for maximum airflow and comfort in any environment. Along with the umbrella, the series offers optional mounting accessories including the model 6190 Umbrella Stand (for areas where staking is not an option), as well as model 6191,a patented suction cup system, allowing workers to mount the umbrella on metal structures like the side of a truck or on an electrical box.
The 6010 Lightweight Tent has a 10’X10′ footprint and offers shelter ideal for 8-10 workers. In addition to offering shade and relief from the sun, the new lightweight tent also provides shelter from the wind and rain. With reinforced corners for enhanced durability, the lightweight tent offers a 210D Polyester top with PU coating, and pull-pin sliders for risk-free height adjustment—all in a weight/storage-friendly size.
“Every workzone is unique – which is why there isn’t a one size fits all solution for heat stress,” said Tom Votel, president and CEO. “Bottom line: employers and workers should have options to provide the best protection possible against the very real risk of heat stress. That’s why we’ve expanded our SHAX® Portable Work Shelters and will continue to expand our heat stress collection for workers.”
Ideal for workers at high risk for heat stress, the SHAX® 6010 Lightweight Tent and SHAX® Umbrella Series products are available now at all authorized Ergodyne distributors. For more information or to find out where to buy, visit https://www.ergodyne.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-225-8238 // (651) 642-9889.
SHAX® 6010 Lightweight Tent:
- 10′ x 10′ (3m x 3m) foot-print, peak height of 14′ (4.27m)
- 210D Polyester top with PU coating
- Hammer tone steel frame
- Pull-pin sliders for convenient height adjustment between 10′ – 14′ (3.05m – 4.27m)
- Reinforced corners
- Wheeled storage bag
- CPAI-84 certified
- 44 lbs. (20kg)
- Color: Hi-Vis Lime
- Item #: 12920 – 10×10, Hi-Vis Lime
SHAX® 6100 Portable Umbrella:
- Size: 84″ (2.1) diameter
- 300D Polyester top with PU & UV Coatings
- Meets CPAI-84 Flame Resistant Standard
- Powder coated tenacious steel pole & ribs
- Tilt mechanism for full sun protection
- Vented top for maximum airflow
- Four height options with peak height of 92″ (2.3m)
- Includes over-the-shoulder, oversized storage bag with convenient pocket & ground spike
SHAX® 6191 Umbrella Suction Cups:
- Works with any metal structure when staking in the ground is not an option and fast mobility is required
- Comes with 4 suction cups packed in a model 5130 Arsenal Bag
- Non-conductive materials
- Patented design
SHAX® 6190 Umbrella Stand:
- Hinged design for easy set-up and compact storage
- Stainless steel construction
- Hinged legs that folds up and down making stand easy to use and store
- Easily place #6100 Umbrella into top for stability without staking into the ground
- Inventory available to ship April 30th 2014
Since 1983, Ergodyne has pioneered the development of products that Make The Workplace A Betterplace™. What started with just one product has grown into a line of top flight, battle-tested, Tenacious Work Gear®; all precision crafted to manage the elements, improve productivity and provide protection for workers on jobsites the world over. The current lineup is extensive and constantly growing: ProFlex® Hand Protection, ProFlex® Knee Pads, ProFlex® Supports, Skullerz® Head Protection, Skullerz® Eye Protection, Trex™ Footwear Accessories, Chill-Its® Cooling Products, N-Ferno® Warming Products, GloWear® Hi-Vis Apparel, Squids® Lanyards, Arsenal® Equipment Storage Systems, and CORE Performance Work Wear® and SHAX® Portable Work Shelters.