25 Jul 14
Safety Industry Raises Over $200k At Seventeenth Annual Charity Golf Tournament
St. Paul, Minn. (July 25, 2014) – Ergodyne hosted its seventeenth annual 65 Roses Golf Classic: A Tenacious Tournament™ on Monday, July 14, 2014 at the Legends Golf Club in Prior Lake, Minnesota. Bringing together leading manufacturers, distributors, reps and end users from all over the country, this highly anticipated, premier safety industry event raised over $228,475 for a grand total of $2.9 million in the past 17 years for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF).
Primary sponsors of the 2014 tournament included Superior 3rd Party Logistics, the Votel Family Foundation, ISK Industries, JDF Associates, and Sqwincher.
Top auction items included: Green Bay Packers – Ultimate Rivals Package, 24 Hours Tesla King Status, Paul McCartney Concert, Quechee Lakes Vermont Vacation Home – and much more. With each passing year, the 65 Roses Golf Classic grows more and more effective in its efforts to raise funds for CFF and connect the safety industry to this worthy cause.
“The generosity of the safety community at this event is truly inspiring,” said Tom Votel, president and CEO of Ergodyne. “Not only is 65 Roses a fabulous day of golf and networking, it’s a day of raising money for research that is getting us closer than ever before to finding a cure for all CF patients – we think that’s pretty remarkable.”
Chelsea Votel, daughter of Tom Votel and product specialist at Ergodyne, spoke about her battle with CF and how the revolutionary new drug Kalydeco™ (addresses a gene found in 4% of the CF population) has drastically lowered her symptoms by correcting the basic genetic defect of CF. Chelsea praised the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for working round the clock to find the next promising drug to aid the other 96% of the CF population and asked all attendees to dig deep and continue to support this worthy cause.
For more information on Cystic Fibrosis or to donate to the cause, visit www.cff.org. To sign up for next year’s event on July 20, 2015, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-225-8238 // (651) 642-9889. and secure your spot!
Since 1983, Ergodyne has pioneered the development of products that Make The Workplace A Betterplace™. What started with just one product has grown into a line of top flight, battle-tested, Tenacious Work Gear®; all precision crafted to manage the elements, improve productivity and provide protection for workers on jobsites the world over. The current lineup is extensive and constantly growing: ProFlex® Hand Protection, ProFlex® Knee Pads, ProFlex® Supports, Skullerz® Head Protection, Skullerz® Eye Protection, Trex™ Footwear Accessories, Chill-Its® Cooling Products, N-Ferno® Warming Products, GloWear® Hi-Vis Apparel, Squids® Lanyards, Arsenal® Equipment Storage Systems, and CORE Performance Work Wear® and SHAX® Portable Work Shelters.