St. Paul, Minn. (August 17, 2016) – Ergodyne has announced today that several models in its Skullerz® Safety Glasses Series are now compliant to the Canadian eye protection standard. These include the following that are now available in select frame colors and lens options:
Each of the three full-frame safety glasses and one half-frame “blade” style models meet CSA Z94.3-2015, which has a larger coverage requirement than ANSI Z87.1+, the U.S. eye protection standard. All four models now boast “triple compliance” meeting ANSI, CSA, and MIL-PRF impact requirements.
“Skullerz® Eye Protection hit the States in 2015, but our eyes were also on protecting the vision of our neighbors to the North,” said Andy Olson, associate product director, Ergodyne. “Because of our involvement in global standard development, we knew that with just a little patience, we’d be Canada-compliant as soon as the 2015 revision of Z94.3 was complete and here we are today, with four specs that meet the specs.”
The use of the EN head form in testing for impact and coverage requirements under the latest revision of CSA Z94.3-2015 meant three of Ergodyne’s original frames – Odin, Thor, and Dagr – were now able to pass the CSA Z94.3 coverage requirements with no modifications to their original design beyond adding the appropriate markings.
As with all Skullerz® Safety Glasses, these four models combine premium protection with unmatched design, technology, performance, and style. By meeting MIL-PRF Ballistic Impact requirements, they provide four times the level of impact protection required by occupational standards. Their scratch-resistant lenses block 99.9% of harmful UV. Coinjection rubber temples resist sweat and prevent glasses from slipping. Additionally, available inherent Fog-Off™ anti-fog technology keeps vision clear in the harshest weather conditions and will not wash or wear off. Finally, premium polarized options reduce glare around water, snow, or shiny objects.
“Skullerz® Safety Glasses are tested and trusted from the workzone to the weekend,” said Tom Votel, president and CEO, Ergodyne. “With our new triple-compliant offering, we think (know) Canada and our Norse God-named shades are going to get along really well.”
Ideal for workers needing eye protection, safety directors wanting compliance, sportsmen who like Kryptek®, and anyone who values affordable design and style, CSA-compliant Skullerz® models are available NOW at all authorized Ergodyne distributors throughout Canada. For more information or to purchase any of our Tenacious Work Gear®, email email@example.com or call 800-225-8238 // (651) 642-9889.
- Meets ANSI Z87.1+, CSAZ94.3 and MIL-PRF 32342 Ballistic Impact requirements
- Scratch-resistant lenses block 99.9% of harmful UV
- Coinjection rubber temples prevent slipping
- Available Fog-Off™ technology will not wash or wear off
- Optional foam gasket reduces debris entry (sold separately: Odin and Baldr)
- Odin, Dagr and Baldr designs also accommodate the elastic retainer strap (sold separately)
- Frames (vary based on model): Black, Matte Black, Matte Gray, White, Kryptek® Highlander™, Kryptek® Typhon™, Kryptek® Yeti™
- Lenses (vary based on model): Clear, Yellow, Indoor/Outdoor, Smoke, Copper, Silver Mirror, Polarized Smoke, Polarized Copper, Clear w/ Fog-Off™, I/O with Fog-Off™, Smoke w/ Fog-Off™