Digital Content Specialist
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Director, the Digital Content Specialist will collaborate with internal and external partners to execute a digital strategy which drives growth online through our distributor partners and Ergodyne.com. This person will be focused on optimizing and updating digital content by conducting keyword research, writing and optimizing product copy, managing product data on the website and more. They will organize all the supporting digital assets needed to sell products online loading them into the appropriate systems when new ones are created or updated. They will also engage in our web development process testing new features/enhancements and updating content on product and non-product content pages. Lastly, they will review analytics and will help build reports, set up tracking, analyze results and share performance optimizations.
You have already accomplished (required):
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Journalism or other related field
- 2+ years of experience creating and updating content in web/mobile applications
- Basic Web Editing skills (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Using Content Management Systems like Drupal or Wordpress
- 2+ years of keyword research and basic search engine optimization (SEO) foundation
You may have already accomplished (preferred):
- 1-2 years PIM (Salsify)
- 1-2 years in Web Analytics (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager)
- Experience in product content copywriting
What YOU are good at:
- Can communicate with all styles to foster ever improving teamwork
- Is organized for productivity and efficiency, yet flexes to anticipate and meet the needs of others
- Makes thoughtful, creative, and timely decisions after analyzing situations
- Stays current. Demonstrates a passion for learning with reading, research, and networking
What WE are good at:
- Working Hard. Playing Hard. Living Tenaciously
- Making well-crafted, innovative, high-function products that Make The Workplace A Betterplace™
- Being distinctively and disruptively creative from bow to stern
- Endeavoring to be fair-minded, transparent and positive in all we say and do
- Support overall product content lifecycle management, from creation and editing through approvals, publishing, auditing, measurement, and maintenance.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Product Management teams to understand the product strategy and develop customer narratives that help answer buyer questions, effectively tell a story and increase conversions.
- Approve items to sync to the website from the PIM based on the website data model, create the product data structure to add content, and ensure consistency of data between multiple systems like the website and PIM.
- Execute keyword and competitive research to determine target keywords and optimize titles, descriptions, features & benefits to drive higher rankings in search engines like Google, Amazon, etc.
- Manage uploading and auditing all digital assets (images, videos, docs, podcasts, etc.) to the website per campaign and on an annual basis.
- Create landing pages needed to support marketing campaigns or product launches and assist with other website content and design updates like updating product carousels or image banners.
- Work with internal and external developers in user acceptance testing new website and/or mobile features to ensure they are working properly.
- Manage the Tenacious Tester program which includes creating and managing product trials, sending product to testers, answering questions, etc. In addition, review all user generated content through the review platform and send low ratings to appropriate teams for follow up and respond to reviews.
- Pull and analyze data from digital channels (email, website, video, social, etc.) to best understand user behavior and engagement. Identify ways to increase opportunities, traffic, conversions, and revenue.
- Effectively communicate analytics updates and make recommendations on ROI and other optimization opportunities.