Squids® 3010 Retractable Tool Lanyard with Belt Loop Clip
- PREVENT DROPPED HAND TOOLS – Patented lightweight aluminum carabiner with double action self-locking gate connects to tools to tools like wrenches, grinders, drills, impact drivers, etc.
- MADE TO TETHER TOOLS – Tether keeps tools weighing 0.5lbs/0.23kg in a retracted state and prevents tools weighing 5lbs / 2.26kg from falling on people or objects below
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE // MADE FOR INDUSTRY PROS – ABS plastic housing protects the internal components with a cut-resistant Dyneema® cord with a durable protected weave to hold up in tough environments
- LIGHTWEIGHT + LOW PROFILE DESIGN – Weighs less than 0.5lbs / 0.23kg, retractable design limits snags, tangles and tripping hazards
- LOCKS INTO FIXED LENGTHS – Trigger switch locks cord into fixed lengths to take the tension out
- VERSATILE ANCHOR MOUNT – Slot on the back of the housing can mount to belts or fall protection harnesses up to 2in / 5cm wide and .38in / 1cm thick
- IMPACT INDICATOR – A red cord is revealed when exposed to forces exceeding 110lbs / 50kg, letting the user know if a drop has occurred
- TESTED & APPROVED – Third-party certified to meet the ANSI/ISEA 121-2018 Standard
The Squids® 3010 Retractable Tool Lanyard is a lightweight and extremely durable tethering solution designed to mount to your belt or the webbing of a fall protection harness. Using a retractable lanyard limits potential snag hazards compared to standard lanyards. This lanyard can tether tools weighing 0.5lbs / 0.23kg in a retracted state and prevents tools weighing 5lbs / 2.26kg from falling on people or objects below when working at-heights.
The retractable tethering cord is made of high-strength, cut-resistant Dyneema® with a protective sleeve over the exposed cord to reduce wear and tear for a longer life. The durable ABS plastic housing is textured for better grip and is designed to protect the internal workings of the retractable. Featuring a tapered cord exit to limit the debris being retracted back into the housing with the cord. Even with its incredible durability this heavy-duty retractable lanyard weighs less than 0.5lb / 0.22kg and measures 48in / 122cm when fully extended.
HOW TO USE
The fixed belt loop mount on the back of the housing is designed to slip onto rated belts up to 2in / 5cm wide and .38in / 1cm thick. The connecting end of the cord has a patented Squids® double-action carabiner to secure to a hand tool weighing up to 5lbs / 2.26kg.
A trigger switch allows you to set your working length and keep the lanyard at a fixed length, so you don’t feel a constant tension on your tool while getting the job done. To lock the cord in place, simply flip the trigger switch at the desired cord length. To retract, either flip the switch back or pull the lanyard out a bit further to release the lock allowing the cord to retract again.
TESTED & APPROVED
Tested and qualified to the ANSI/ISEA 121 standard, these retractable tool lanyards have no equal. The tethering cord is designed to expose a red length of cord that serves as an impact indicator if the lanyard sees a force of 110lbs / 50 kg or greater, letting you know if a drop has occurred.
All tool lanyards are built to withstand defined weight limits and are easy to use by any worker to avoid accidentally dropped objects that could cause unwanted damage, injuries, or possibly death. Safety lanyards are a part of an overall fall protection plan to reduce the risk of falling objects and increase workplace safety. When working at-heights it’s critical to tether tools.