Skullerz® 8975V Class C Safety Helmet with Visor Kit
Skullerz® 8975V Class C Safety Helmet with Visor Kit
- ADDITIONAL IMPACT PROTECTION – Suspension and shell design compliant to EN 12492 side impact testing requirements for improved all-over protection
- INCLUDES 8991 SAFETY HELMET VISOR – Easily mountable visor with permanent Fog-Off™, scratch-resistant Tena-Coat™ and UV protection for increased eye safety
- CHIN STRAP – Secures helmet in place upon falling or sudden impact/movement
- ALL-DAY COMFORT– Includes removable hard hat sweatband and top pad made of breathable, sweat-wicking and odor-resistant, machine washable materials
- ENHANCED FIELD OF VISION – Compact shell design increases visibility, particularly when looking up
- BREATHABLE – Flexible open frame and 6-point suspension improves air circulation
- EASY SIZE ADJUSTMENT – One-handed adjustment knob pivots to improve fit and clear bandana or ponytail knots
- IMPROVED SAFETY AND VISIBILITY AT NIGHT – Integrated patent-pending headlamp slots on front and rear for use with the Skullerz® Hard Hat LED Light (available as an accessory or with the 8974LED)
- SIZING – Fits most heads (hat sizes 6.5 – 8 / 21in – 25 in / 53cm – 63.5cm)
- COLORS & VISOR LENS OPTIONS – Available in White and Orange with Clear or Smoke Anti-Fog Lens
- SAFETY HELMET TESTING – Meets ANSI Z89.1-2014, CSA Z94.1-15, TYPE 1, Class C, EN12492:2012 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 4.2.2, 4.2.3, 4.2.4, EN397:2012+A1:2012 5.2.1, 5.2.4, 5.2.5
- VISOR TESTING – Meets ANSI Z87.1+, CSA Z94.3 & MIL-PRF 32432A Ballistic Impact
California Residents: read Proposition 65 .
The Skullerz® 8975V Safety Helmet with Visor Kit includes the 8975 Class C Safety Helmet and 8991 Safety Helmet Visor. This 6-point suspension helmet provides heavy-duty yet lightweight and comfortable head protection to shield the front, back, top and sides of the head from falls, dropped objects or bumping into stationary objects. The compact helmet design increases all-over impact protection and improves visibility, and a chin strap ensures the helmet remains secure to the wearer’s head upon impact or sudden movement. For increased eye and face protection, the easy-to-mount visor features a UV protective z87 lens with a permanent anti-fog and a scratch-resistant hard coat tested to EN166.
ADDITIONAL IMPACT PROTECTION
The suspension and shell design of this helmet provides added side, front and back protection. This increased coverage meets side impact testing requirements of EN12492: 2012 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124. The safety helmet also meets standard Class C helmet requirements for ANSI Z89.1-2014, CSA Z94.1-15, Type 1, Class C standard.
COMPACT & BREATHABLE DESIGN
A smaller, low-profile brim improves the wearer’s field of vision—particularly when looking up. A padded, moisture-wicking and odor-resistant sweatband and top pad lines the sides, forehead and top interior, and is removable for easy replacement. A flexible open frame with 6-point suspension improves airflow for breathable comfort.
CUSTOM, SECURE FIT
This safety helmet fits hat sizes 6.5 - 8 (21in – 25 in / 53cm – 63.5cm). Customize the size with the easy-to-adjust 6-point premium ratcheting suspension. Simply turn the one-handed adjustment knob to tighten or loosen the fit without having to take the helmet off. Built with weight distribution in mind, this safety helmet has a snug and balanced fit. An adjustable chin strap (included) secures the helmet to the head and ensures it does not dislodge if the worker falls or is impacted by another object.
VISOR LENS TECHNOLOGIES + DESIGN
The visor lens features a permanent Fog-Off™ anti-fog that won’t wash or rub off for clear viewing no matter the job—particularly useful for those working with dust masks or in extreme temperature change. A Tena-Coat™ hard coat provides durable scratch-resistance, and UV protection filters 99.9 percent of harmful UVA, UVB and UVC rays to keep eyes safe in the sun.
This impact-resistant safety visor is tested to EN166 Anti-Fog, EN166 Scratch Resistance, ANSI Z87.1+ High-Velocity Impact Protection and optical requirements. ANSI Z87.1 is the US standard for Personal Eye and Face Protection Devices and is listed on the frame. It is also tested to MIL-PRF-32432A Ballistic Fragmentation, Class 1, which is the US Military Combat Eye Protection System Performance Specification for eyewear. To pass the military standard, safety glasses must withstand a steel projectile shot at 660 ft / 201m per second which is 4x faster than the Z87+ standard. Lenses must not puncture, crack or shatter. Frames must retain the lenses and not break.
One of the biggest challenges for workers is how to use a safety helmet or hard hat with lights. Headlamp straps often get snagged and lights fall off. This safety helmet includes front and rear slots for secure attachment of the Skullerz® Hard Hat LED Light (available as an accessory or with the 8974LED). There are also side slots for other common accessories such as ear protection. To personalize even more, stamp your lid with our tenacious hard hat stickers.
This safety helmet with visor is ideal for anyone working at heights or needing a climber’s helmet, as well as construction & utility job sites, oil & gas, road work, forestry, mining and general site work.