Skullerz® 8955 Lightweight Bump Cap Hat
- LESS WEIGHT, SAME SAFETY – Overall weight of the hat is less than 5oz / 135g without compromising safety (40% lighter weight than the Skullerz® 8950 Bump Cap)
- 360° VENTING – Strategically placed venting all over the hat allows extreme airflow between the worker’s head and the bump cap
- DURABLE & IMPACT-RESISTANT SHELL – Removable high-density polyethylene interior shell with foam lining offers protection from minor bumps and scrapes
- COMFORTABLE PADDING – Removable, washable and anti-microbial liner provides additional airflow and helps keep sweat out of eyes
- INCREASED VISIBILITY – Reflective piping on the brim and the side of the hat allows the worker to be seen in low light situations
- MULTIPLE BRIM SIZES – Available in micro (30mm / 1in), short (50mm / 2in) or long (80mm / 3in) brim
- TESTED & APPROVED – EN 812-2012 standard, the world’s only standard for bump caps
- Patent pending design
California Residents: read Proposition 65 .
Skullerz® 8955 Lightweight Bump Cap Hat is both comfortable and stylish with a highly-ventilated, impact-resistant inner shell that provides protection against cranial bumps, bruises, scrapes, and other minor head injuries.
This baseball style bump cap tackles two big challenges workers face in the field: weight and heat. The insert is made of a lightweight, durable high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and is designed to offer maximum ventilation for continuous airflow and superior breathability. All without compromising protection. A removable, washable and anti-microbial pad made of durable, yet lightweight EPP Foam lines the interior and allows for additional airflow to keep you cooler. Both the pad and shell were designed with matching vents to channel heat away from your head. The shell also has Cooling Channels™ designed to allow air to move above the foam for additional airflow. Finally, the outer layer of the hat is designed with all-over laser-cut polyester mesh to maximize cooling without sacrificing looks.
This head protection cap meets the EN 812-2012 standard all while weighing less than 5oz / 135g. It’s not bulky like a hard hat and is ideal for mechanics, and airline baggage handlers, as well as workers in warehouses, factories, in-home services and other industries that do not require hard hat protection but still need protection against worker-generated injuries. Safety helmets like bump caps should be used in work areas with low beams, pipes, passageways or other low-hanging obstructions.